CATALOGUE OF ENGLISH EDITIONS OF ETCHINGS
The foundation stone of Richmond Bridge was laid in August 1774 by Henry Hobart. The design, by James Paine and Kenton Couse was widely acclaimed after its completion. It was situated on the site of the ferry crossing at Ferry Hill. It would have been built on the less steep site downstream leading into Water Lane - therefore on the line of the main street in Richmond but the owner of the land on the Twickenham side refused permission for a new access road to be built.
Etching on Fabriano Rosaspina Bianco paper
plate size: 100mm x 100mm